Web Host Closing Shop

I got an e-mail today from ZendURL. Apparently they are going out of business and cannot do web hosting any more. They will close up shop in 4 days. To tell the truth, I did not even know I had an account with them. Must have set it up when I was trying out free web hosting. But this got me thinking. What is my current web host shuts down? They serve up all my applications to the public. Maybe it is time to have a backup plan before any real emergency starts up.

The funny thing about the e-mail from ZendURL was that they tried to spin the bad news by saying they were doing me a favor by informing me about the shut down. What??? If I actually hosted my files on their server, and they wanted to do good, they should stay in business. However I understand that sometimes you have to call it quits. This was the icing on the cake though. The e-mail was signed "ZendURL Admin & Support Team". Classic. Got an e-mail from a nameless team saying they were doing me a favor. I guess in the end you get what you pay for.