Good Business

Last Monday the Netflix site was down. I tried logging in, but gave up rather quickly. Today I got an e-mail from Netflix apologizing for the problem. They stated what the impact from the downtime would be for me. In addition, they said they would credit my account to make up for the problems.

I thought the response from Netflix was a good example of how to treat your customers in the midst of adversity. It looks like they did all the right things. Perhaps they have high priced consultants running their damage control. I hope to take these lessons to heart for my own small business.

It is easy to shine when things are going well. But if you can shine just as bright when the chips are down, you are probably going to win my business for the long haul. Congrats Netflix for a job well done.