100 Best Business Books

I read a monster book called The 100 Best Business Books of All Time. This was quite a read. I felt like I was in an MBA program. If I had a lot of time on my hands, I would read these 100 best books themselves. There were references to a lot more must read business books. Let me share some insights I learned in this book.

In 2007, there were 11,000 business books published. Ouch. Who has time to read all those books? The authors review books for a living. They sorted through the good and the bad. They ranked the books on factors like quality and applicability.

Note that most gems from these books are actually from the books they chose. To success at business you must feel that your skill set is enough to solve the challenges you will encounter. You need clarity on what actually needs to get done. That is better than spending a lot of time on needless worries.

This is just the tip of the iceberg from this book. I plan to blog more about the gems I found in this reading. Next time I will talk about "doing the right things". See you then.