The Way of the SERP

I did a Google search for the keywords "software maintenance". My blog was nowhere to be found. This is a bit disappointing because it is my main blog that I have been working on for a couple months. On the surface I do not have much to show. So I decided I need to get my blog to show up much higher in the Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs).

My short term plan is to get some free content. I will then format the content and publish it on a web site. Each page of these web sites will have links to my software maintenance blog. This will not get me to position number 1. But I hope it will allow me to show up on the radar. I started out small and spent the weekend putting up one site. That resulted in me doubling my inbound links to my blog. Nice.

In other good news, I found out that one of my programs finally got accepted on download.com. This is exciting because I think this is one of the biggest sites that host software for download. The funny thing is that the initial feedback was that they had 10,000 other programs before mine. They had originally estimated that it would take almost a full year before they would get around to listing my program. Somehow I got upgraded to the front row. I will be monitoring the downloads and AdSense click carefully for this one.