Sex Sale

I got an email pitch the other day. "Stacy" wanted me to write about a software product on my blog. She also wanted a link to the product web site. In exchange, I would receive a free license to the software.

LOL. This is weak on so many levels. First off, the software looks more like some spyware. And I think my integrity is worth a little more than a free license. The part I love is that "Stacy" was trying to get the referral.

I don't think there is any such Stacy. It was a nice try though. At least the email pitch did not have any spelling errors. Still I was a little taken aback by the request.

I sometimes write about software. But that only happens when I am really interested in buying some software. And I don't take kindly to bribes to write about software. Yeah I might write about this particular software. However it won't be a positive review.