Epic Advertising

I received a thick Microsoft programming magazine this month. After reading the first couple articles, I realized why the magazine had so many pages. Every other page was an advertisement. It was a bit distracting. I would try to read the articles. But I also wanted to check out the ads.

One ad really stood out. The graphics were nothing special. Only black, white, and a little bit of red color were used. However the ad copy was outrageous. This ad was for a tool from Winward Reports. It used a lot of outlandish analogies. The message was that this tool was nothing short of epic.

Although I checked out almost all the ads from the magazine, Windward Reports was the only site I visited based on the ads. I tossed the magazine after perusing it. But I saved the ad. Who does the marketing for this company? I love them.