Oracle Corporation Redeemed

Previously I had written about my first purchase from Oracle Corporation. I did not enter my company’s partner code on the ordering page. Therefore I did not get the corporate discount I was entitled to. The effort to get this corrected had me running in circles between departments at Oracle. I was really disappointed with the service I was getting. Luckily this story has a happy ending.

The first guy I talked to in the Oracle training department (Oracle University) referred me to the billing department. The billing department always went to voice mail. My messages were unanswered. The partner program department was also of little to no help. They seemed confused over the purpose of my purchase.

I did get in contact with any guy in the training department. He followed up and got my partner number. Then he went ahead and cancelled my first order. Then he resubmitted my order using my partner number, getting me the discount I should have received. This is exactly what I needed.

In the end, this is going to save my company $150. To tell the truth, my company probably does not care about this. However I care deeply. Oracle had an opportunity to help me through a problem with my first purchase. At first it seemed like they would fail. The result would be a bad story that I would be telling people for a long time to come. Instead a member from the training department stepped up and solved me problem. Now all I am going to remember is the good job his did.

I guess the moral of this story is that customer service is king. It took an Oracle employee some time to research the ordering rules, and to find a creative solution to my problem. However they have gained a happy customer. And they have also earned a good reputation that I am not going to keep to myself. I have already spent a couple more thousand of my company’s money for additional training from Oracle. I would not hesitate to do so in the future based on the efforts of just one employee who did me right.