Opportunities

I subscribe to the magazine 2600 (The Hacker Quarterly). It is one of the most interesting magazines I have ever read. I can recall but I think I have been a subscriber for a number of years. This magazine has an interesting advertising policy. Only subscribers are allowed to advertise in their Marketplace section. You can only submit one ad per issue. However the ad is free. The cost is included in your subscription price.

It is strange that I have never placed an ad in the magazine. However the readership is probably a good match for my Black of Hat blog. And I have always told myself that I should advertise my blog in this print magazine. It was only today that I got my act together and submitted my ad. When you are running a one man business, you need to maximize your existing opportunities. This is critical.

So if you are so inclined, check out the Autumn 2008 issue of 2600 The Hacker Quarterly. Look in the 2600 Marketplace section near the back. And you will see the fruits of my labor. Or just click over to my Black of Hat blog. That reminds me. I need to get more in the habit of cross posting links to my blogs. I run a bunch of them. I suspect it can only help if there are more cross links between them. Go me.