FaceBloop

I was reading a blog from an old friend. Her post said her latest pictures were posted on Facebook. So I tried to click through. Silly Facebook required an account to view the pictures. So I tried to sign up. They had some weird captcha where I needed to enter two obscured "words" to prove I was not a script. The difficulty was that they were not English words. So it was hard to make them out. I can live with that.

So I tried a second time after failing the captcha. This time I got the 2 random words correct. However Facebook now thought that the e-mail address I entered had been previously used. Yes it was. It was used the first time I tried to such up and failed the captcha. I was very determined to check out the pictures of my friend. So I chose a different e-mail address. This time Facebook rejected the e-mail address. I suppose it was because some words in my e-mail address are bad.

OK. So I try and try again until I establish a Facebook account. Then I find it difficult to navigate Facebook to find pictures. At this point I give up. If these jokers make it this hard to use their services, I don't want to mess with them. I am amazed that so many people already use Facebook. Perhaps their experiences were not a challenging as mine. Being a software developer, I expect apps written for the general public to be reasonably user friendly and bug free. It does not seem to be the case with Facebook.

Hey. MySpace may be old school. And I don't use it too much. But I found it a breeze to sign up for a MySpace account. And the navigation was nowhere as difficult as Facebook. I will call MySpace an oldie but goodie.