Hot Topic Spamming Failures

I follow a friend into a Hot Topic store in the mall. Saw some cool merchandise. Decided to buy something. The salesperson asked me a bunch of questions, including my email address. I gave them one that I give all people that ask. I wonder what they are going to do with it?


When I get home, I find that I have been signed up for some nonsense newsletter from Hot Topic. Okay. I always unsubscribe from those things. I scanned the email and found the links at the bottom. The unsubscribe link was disabled. WTF?


I thought about contacting customer service. But why waste me time? I just reported the email as spam and blocked the sender. Simple as pie. Way to go Hot Topic. I buy something from you, then you spam me, and make it hard to unsubscribe? That's how you alienate new customers.