Slackers Gonna Fail

While browsing around, I stumbled upon a site giving away a free book. Great. All I needed to do with register with them. Then I could get a free book. I guess it was going to be a free eBook. I was never able to find out. Read on to see why.

I clicked the button to get my free book. Oooops. The site was overloaded. I checked back a few times. Always overloaded. They said I could sign up and be emailed later when the site is back up. Ummm I need instant gratification. You can't get me worked up about my free book, and then have the site be overloaded.

I tried browsing around the site to see what they have. Found a good book. It cost twenty bucks. Tried to click on the tab that shows the chapters. Did not work. Okay. This must be an amateur site or something. I am not giving them my email. For all I know, this is just a scam to get my email.

Wait. Maybe I will sign up with a throw-away address. Let's see how that goes.